There are tonnes of tools out there, to build a website on your own or by a help of a professional. I recommend WordPress as it is a big community and I think community based open source projects are awesome.
Advantages in a nutshell:
- You have more control over your website, and add functions as you need for your business.
- It is more likely you will find the help you need, as lot of people are involved in WordPress.
- If you want to do it yourself you can find the right tutorials to get started.
- it comes from the advantage: as there are lot of tutorials out there it is not easy to find those tutorials that really best for you and your goals. My aim is to help you with that.
The first step is to have a good hosting
I recommend SiteGround. They provide excellent service for a good price. What I like the most about them, is that they have very good support and this is extremely important because when you have a problem it is important to have the solution quickly. And they are not just providing an answer for you, but they make the necessary change is for you. Good to feel that you are in good hands!
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE SITEGROUND?
- Loads 8x faster than 93% of other hosts!
- Unlimited web hosting starting at less than $4 per month
- Official WordPress-recommended host!
- Support team can be reached 24/7
- Rated 4.98 / 5.00 (based on 834 SiteGround Reviews)
- Daily backup service
- Good security
Find your domain name
I have the zendesign.website….pretty cool name, isn’t it? I like minimalist design, that`s why I came up with this domain name. My advice: find a domain name with thinking about what your customers might search in google? What is your brand? If it is you, you can have a domain with your name. So how do you get a domain name? It is included with the hosting! It is that simple.
Check out SiteGround
The Startup package is a good start and it includes one site with your domain name and it is £2.75/month if you pay 1 year ahead (other hosting companies ask for 3 years so it is a good deal).
You can watch this video to quickly see how to start a hosting account, or you can follow along with this tutorial and continue reading.
Start your own hosting:
1. Go to their web page
2. Choose a plan
The Startup plan is perfect for you for a start and you can update later if you need more.
3. Fill in the one-page order form
This was one of the reasons I chose them. I like simple order processes. Here you will be able to choose your domain name too (if you haven’t already have one)
I suggest the following settings: